Teak furniture is one of the easiest kinds of furniture to take care of. Danish furniture from the Mid Century Modern era was typically finished with a simple oil-based finish and varnish. Here at Far Out Finds we use only the highest quality, 100% non-toxic linseed oil based finishes and in our refinishing process. For general upkeep and maintenance of your furniture after delivery, we suggest using Howard Feed-N-Wax. It is an easy-to-use beeswax and orange oil mixture that helps maintain the luster the oil finish produces.
- Always use coasters, hot pads, place-mats, saucers, etc. under anything placed on a surface. Especially if the object is warm or wet. Wipe up any spills immediately.
- Keep the wood clean. Dust it occasionally.
- Howard Feed-N-Wax will keep your furniture looking its best. We suggest treating your furniture with it at least once a month.
*Tip: An old rule of thumb to attain the richest and longest lasting sheen is to apply your polish or oil (including Howard Feed-N-Wax) once a day for a week, then once a week for a month, then once a month for a year, then once a year for life!
- Be sure to oil the additional leaves of your table each time you care for the top, this will keep the luster on each piece uniform.
- If a deeper cleaning is necessary, a mild/diluted oil soap can be used.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the care of your furniture.